Monday, November 29, 2004

Where do I start?

I'll start with day one...or should I say night #1:

It started with a coughing attack DURING the Evening of Reflection at church. Just as I was about to go up to say my part of the Pilgrim's Prayer. I went into a coughing fit. So it sounded like I was on the verge of tears. Which I wasn't. The evening ended at 8:15 and I was on the road by 8:20pm. Praying and praying that I would not hit traffic. Thanks to Shay, Amy, Dena, Derek, Dirk and the rest of the YS chatting crew and their good driving vibes/prayers I made it to LAX with NO TRAFFIC. I was in the airport shuttle by 9:30 and in the terminal by 9:45 I think. It literally was the easiest check in and security check I'd ever been through. Talk about the airport being prepared. I logged on to YS to say hello from LAX and then at 10:40 I took some Nyquil and boarded the plane...and I slept for 3 1/2 hours. LA to Cleveland was ultra bumpy.

By the time I got to Charlotte I was nervous. I feared I looked like a disgusting hag. I saw Derek just on the other side of the security checkpoint and we hugged immediatley. There were 3 people who were watching the whole scene unfold and they made their comments and off we went.

We went shopping for last minute Thanksgiving items (and cookie frosting paraphanelia)and before we knew it, it was time for dinner with some of Derek's church members. What a great group of people. Southerners are so sweet and they treat you as if they have known you forever. After that we headed to Barnes and Noble for an hour or so.

That's day one!!!! I'm at work so I promise to post more when I get home. it's so cold out here right now, I'm afraid the cats might be frozen solid when I get home.

4 comments:

Andrew Seely said...

K - Thanks for posting, I'm excited to hear more about the rest of the trip.

D - I was just giving her a hard time. I know she's been busy and is tired from all the hullabloo.

Derek said...

I know, Andrew. Sorry if I sounded overly harsh....no way to post smileys in a comment. You get plus points for using "hullabaloo", too.

Andrew Seely said...

You see D. K and I have this love hate thing going on. And sometimes it's just like spurring oneanother on.

Thanks for the hullabaloo points.

Katie said...

Love/hate??? Nah I just live to pick on you!!!!! I did try Holiday spice pepsi while in NC.....I was sick Friday so it didn't taste too good to me. Then I tried it today. YUM!!!!