Today is the first time in almost 3 years that I have been to a USC football game. Last time I went with my friend Matt, in the Colosseum, had hot dogs, warm sugary nuts, soda, and watched Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush tear it up.
This time? I'll be enjoying the game in Virginia, with my husband, and daughter...both whom are seeing a live USC college football game for the first time (Derek has seen Tennessee, Duke, NC State, and Methodist prior to this...but he's in for a treat with USC, I hope) and USC now relies on Mark Sanchez and his team to bring home some sort of Championship title once more to the beautiful, yet ghetto located USC campus. The TMB is ready to play a certain tuen....dahhhh duh duh duh duh duhhhhh duh duhhhhhhhhh...over....and over.....and over again. (and no I am not mimicking the fight song, I'm talking about that other song that while it reminds me of home, of football, of USC...gets annoying after a while.)
Last night after arriving in Charlottesville, we spent time at the Downtown Mall, a quaint, outdoor mall with unique stores, and restaurants that pleased just about every palate and wallet.
Marisa met the UVA Cavalier mascot, and the UVA cheerleaders (not that daddy was complaining, and you know? Compared to the Duke cheerleaders and the Carolina Panther Top Cats, these girls were pretty darn cute), We could hear the UVA band pass by as we ate our dinner in the downstairs area of Henry's.
Got to our hotel and struggled to get one very wound up little girl to bed. Stinker.
So, today ot all starts. College football season is upon us. Rivals are once again gearing up with the pointless smack talk, and the standings are set. Though I wonder how long USC will hold on to their #3 spot.
FIGHT ON!!!!! Let's beat the Cavaliers!!!!!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, sorry that USC got off to such a rough start Katie! ;p
Yeah you know......
In all honesty I was worried about Sanchez, being that he dislocated that knee. But he played as if nothing had happened.
Losing to Oregon State?
OUCH!
Post a Comment