Friday, September 05, 2008

21

Does that sound like alot? For some of my colleagues, 21 is peanuts when it comes to attendance, but for me? 21 is great seeing as how most of my 6th graders were at an all day field trip to a ropes course. 21 out of 52 came to youth group tonight.

17 of them were boys.

We played samurai frisbee ( there is a batter, and they have frisbees thrown at them. You have to hit the frisbees with the bat) Some of the kids liked it some were punks about it. I told them that there were games they would like and not like, but that they should at least pretend they like it for the sake of those that were having a good time.

Ah they are 6th graders though and by 8th grade I'll totally love them. We have 2 chinese girls (twins) who I think are the SWEETEST kids. I love them.

The scary thing is...I'm old enough to be their mom I'm an old haggy Youth Minister now.

No comments: