NOTE: I said members, not staff, not owners....members.
You are free to come here and read whatever you want. Have at it...enjoy, be merry. But when you find issue with something I write, there is a little thing called a comment box. Rather than running to Adam, Todd, Ruth, Patti and Angie and saying "They are talking about you."come to me ok?
If they want to read what we are writing about them, they have a mouse, they can do a few quick clicks.
I am not going to assume it was staff who ran to Adam and fwd what I wrote yesterday, but if it was staff, so be it. The above statement applies then.
Shay gave me great advice. i need to stop reading certain blogs. Why not? I removed almost all of them from mt facebook, so why do I continue to read their blogs? Glutton for punishment maybe? I'm going to do just that
I ask though that if you have this deep desire to tattle on me, that 1...use the comment box to admit your wrong doing. Or to gripe at me for how wrong it was of me to post what i did below. 2. if you can't do that stop reading my blog.
I could make assumptions as to who it is because I can see what cities visit my blog and I know who lives in what general area (TExas, Ohio, CA, WI, etc). But I'd rather YOU man up.
Let this be my last bitchy post about YMX for good. Goodbye, so long, farewill, auf Wiedersein......Maybe in 20-30-100 years there will be reconciliation. (Again, I've happily accepted my responsibility in the crap that happened...just so no one can point the finger. I already know I'm a "horrible person" who "deserved" to be banned)
No more blogs
No more looking at facebook groups
No more wondering if there ever will be reconciliation of said "community"
I'm not one who generally gives up on people, but there comes a point in time in life you know? I'm tired of being the fool to the words "reconciliation and restoration". I'm beginning to think those were just words said to make it seem like it would ever happen. When there was no desire in the immediate future to reach that point.
The people who are my true friends are out there and they have stood by me while I hurt, while I cried, while I vented for the last year. And yes, I did so on my blog. If anyone has had a problem with it, this is the first I have heard about it coming directly from Adam...no wait, I got into it with Todd back in I think December of last year....2 times in 1 year. Says alot.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I agree with Shay's advice - now that I think of it, I think I remember giving similar advice ;-)
Proverbs 18:24 (New Living Translation) says
There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother [or sister].
I think you've figured out who fits in which category.
You did BV, sometimes it takes a while for this all to sink in. I am sorry I didn't listen to you but thanks for being there to kick my butt about it and say i told you so. We all need friends like you in life. Seriously
Good advice from both of them...maybe we all would be better off if we stopped reading, listening to, or watching things that kept old wounds open!
I echo what everyone said, too. I honestly don't pay attention or know what's going on anymore, and that's OK. For me, it's just about moving on and getting past the hurt. Out of sight, out of mind. It allows you to start healing instead of pouring salt into an open wound. It's hard though because you miss what once was, but you have a great husband, a beautiful daughter, and a youth group (and friends) who love you. And a God who weeps with you.
thanks for being there to kick my butt about it and say i told you so.
Hey, no problem. I've got a big foot.
But really I couldn't win a butt-kicking contest even if I wore butt-seeking boots.
And sorry for the "I told you so" type of comment. I should have written the Proverb and left it at that.
Kick my wife's butt, Brian, and you'd better hope all that running you've done has given you good speed. ;)
Post a Comment