how dod My day go you ask? It started with Derek waking me up at midnight to wish me a happy birthday. That was sweet. Well wait. I was awake with Marisa tryin to get her back to sleep (her stuffy nose woke her up).
Marisa's gift to me was sleeping until 7am. BLISS!!!!! Though I did wake up at 6;30am and went to her room to make sure she was still breathing. LOL Then after she ate, i got ready (got her dressed, fixed my hair, brushed my teeth, etc), and off we went to my work. The girls loved on her, the kids all wanted to hold her (she cried), and I got a bit of work done.
We left work in the early afternoon, and came home. Derek took us to Red Robin for my bday...YUMMMMMMMMMM, and then to Wal-Mart to get my cricut. I got the personal one, not the big old expressions one.
Then we came home, I fed the baby, and was off to my mom's night in. For those of you who do not know I joined a mom's club and I'm loving it. One of the mom's volunteered to open her home and teach us the tricks of her trade....cake decorating. She taught us some basic stuff on icing a cake, and taught us some easy borders and how to do roses, etc. Her cakes are sooooooo good. She makes them all from scratch. No boxed stuff for her and let me tell you....her cakes ROCK. So we learned how to frost the cake, and what not and here are the results:
My cake:

All the cakes (there were 9 of us total at her house)


To satisfy your curiosity, and for me to give credit to one of my fellow mommies, here is her website (she does a millennium falcon cake, but the pic of it is not on the website).
It was a good day.
1 comment:
Sounds like it was an amazing day. I am happy that your birthday was happy. Those cakes looked really good.
Did you get your free hamburger at Red Robin?
Post a Comment