I have been so busy at work lately, so much so, that it makes for very busy days off. This often means too, that because I have been so busy, some days off are spent with a couple hours WORKING...yep, going in and working. You'd think I would learn to say no. However, this is one of our most busiest times of the year. So, I work, if need be, overtime.
Today though was the first REAL day off I have had in a while. I had no plans today when I woke up, except to go and have my hair cut. At 10:15am, K calls to remind me that I have a hair appt. I've been known lately to forget the date of my appt. This time, however I remembered. When I got there, it was a slower day for her and it was good. We got to chat alot, and I vented about some stuff to her. She's always been a great listener and because K is 50, she's always good at offering her thoughts without being a know-it-all. She's been there, done that with so many aspects of life, so she is a great person to go to with thoughts, troubles etc. Now, mind you, we don't always see eye to eye, but in this particular instance we did and it was good to talk to her about it. We also had time to share pictures. Mine were of the kids. You see, K worked with my sister "back in the day" when my sister was starting out as a manicurist. It was at a shop owned by a high school friend of my sisters. That was how I met K. I needed a haircut BADLY and K was available, cut my hair and I've been loyal to her ever since.....14 years and running. So she knows W, pretty well and of course, having me as a client, has pretty much heard every story, seen every picture, etc when it comes to B, M, and A!!!! She shared pics of her recent hiking trip to Utah: Zion and Bryace Canyon.
All I have to say is this. When I am 50 I hope to GOD I am in as great of shape as K is. She looks amazing!!!!!! I also want to say that I want to go stay at her house (she and her husband bought a cute little place just outside of Zion) and I want to go hiking at Bryce!!! Damn it is beautiful there. Let's hope I can convince Derek to go.
I came home after my hair appt and because it was raining, I decided against a quick stop at the Mall of Orange and headed home. Good thing I did because traffic was pretty tough. Got home and cleaned for 2 solid hours!!!! It feels good to walk into my house and see it clean. I love it. I'm not totally finished though. Still have a tad bit of dusting to do and I need to vacuum. However both things were interrupted by a very important phone call. From S .
She called to tell me that she and B were at Islands (oh how Derek whined about not being able to go. LOL). Not wanting to miss out on dinner at Islands, I put aside my cleaning, got into the car and met them there. B's brother was there too and the food was great as was the company. When we were done, I looked at S and said "I really want to go to the mall and go shopping." So B said "Well, go shopping then."
Without missing a beat S and I were out of our seats and on our way!!!!!! We ran through the rain and into the mall. S got a $20 pair of jeans and a CUTE tank top at the Gap and I got 2 tops and a jacket-y thing to wear for our dinner date at Hamburger Mary's. I came home and tried on both tops with the jacket, found the right combo, with the right pants and shoes and I must say...I look HOT!!!!! (I almost convinced S to get something "BEDAZZLED" lol)
I also got to chat with C, Derek, J, M, B, D, P and others in a chat room. At one point, C and I took over the room with Catholic Chat. IT WAS FABULOUS. Not that I am knocking anyone in the chat, but it's quite fun, as I mentioned before to have a Catholic friend around the YMX parts!!!!! I just hope she does not ever think I am like creeping her out and stalking her wanting to be her bestest friend in the world LOL. EWWW, wierd.
So now I am watching a rebroadcast of Good Friday Services at thr Vatican, and contemplating having a cup of tea. Or maybe I'll just go to sleep. Hmmmmm.
I'll have pics and an update on the big Hamburger Mary's outing tomorrow or Sunday. I called to make reservations and Peter was soooooooo FABULOUSLY wonderful and nice!!!!! hahahahahah I can't wait to see this place (btw: it;s a "Straight friendly" restaurant in Costa Mesa. N describes it as "TGIFriday's gone to San Frnacisco"....ROFL)
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Friday, We'll get a table, and so you guys can get here around 9... we'll be here around 7"......."Friday We'll get a table, and so you guys can get here around 9... we'll be here around 7"......."Friday We'll get a table, and so you guys can get here around 9... we'll be here around 7".......
Post a Comment