and counting....
Tuesday will mark 2 years that Derek and I have been happily married. This is not to say there have not been bumps along the way or that our marriage is perfect. If anything I've learned that communication, patience, and sarcasm are key in our relationship.
The optimist in me is grateful for these last 2 years. Derek has taught me what love is. That even when it gets tough, love does not criticize, berate, control, manipulate or abandon. Love never fails, even through turmoil and petty things.
The optimist in me looks forward to the next 50+ years together watching our child (and any other children yet to come) grow up, graduate high school college, start careers and families, be there when they are struggling, and to hold one another through tough times.
Then there is the little devil on my shoulder who likes to whisper in my ear "remember the people who questioned how a methodist and a Catholic could ever be married? Not attend the same church? Work in ministry...etc etc????
Then I flick him off my shoulder....and remember.....our love of Christ and belief in God surpasses denominations and you know what? It's all working out just fine thank you very much.
There will be people who come into our life and ask questions, challenge us....but they do not know us, they cannot comprehend what our faith, our love means. They will try to tear us down.
4 years strong( 2 years dating...2 years married for those of you confused)...and we're still happy, silly, goofy and sarcastic as ever.
I love you honey. I always will. you "complete me" Tee hee
2 year aniniversary is the cotton anniversary. Does this mean i need to get him tickets to the Cotton Bowl? Maybe...if Duke gets there we'll go.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Cotton Bowl? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Honey, I'll take 3 wins.
Happy anniversary to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, I forgot to tell you and Derek, Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been two years. I am so happy that you found the one who was right for you.
happy anniversary!! (yes, late...that means you draw the celebration out, right??)
Post a Comment