When I woke up around 7:30am I was nervous to go downstairs. I had convinced myself at this point that I was wishing too hard for a little one. Derek was awake at that time and I wanted to wait until he had fallen back to sleep before slipping downstairs. I wanted this to be something I did on my own without my excited husband waiting to watch the result pop up. Does that sound selfish? I hope not. I was so nervous as it was because I didn't want to see a negative result and be disappointed.
About 7:55-ish or so I went downstairs, took out the yest and began to open it (I was SHAKING like a leaf), took the test and waited. I actually was staring at it and decided to divert my attention and play with Pele who had followed me down and stuck her paw under the door. After what seemed like only 5 seconds I turned around to look at the test, and this is what I saw

"HOLY SH____" Mind you, I said it in excitement and shock. I have had so many dreams about being pregnant, and so many friends telling me "We're having a baby", and to actually SEE that word on a test, was just unbelievably awesome. I ran upstairs telling Derek "Wake up, it's 8 o"clock." He mumbled "No, not till 8:30." I told him to put his glasses on, he said why? I showed him the test he said "YAAAAYYYYY". The rest of the day is a blur of phone calls and excitement. And Panera for lunch.
So, here we are embarking on a new chapter in our lives. I'm going to be a mom!!! Unreal. After praying for this little baby, I can't believe that in 35 weeks or so, I will be holding him/her in my arms for the first time!!!!!
I'm going to be a mom....me. I have a tiny life growing inside of me. WOW!!!!! Amazing, awesome.
God is good.
6 comments:
YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!
(in my best Tuesday morning voice)
I am beyond happy for you two. You will be absolutely awesome parents. And take it from me...being a mommy is the most amazing thing in the world. It's a dream come true for me, and I just know it will be for you too. Love you guys!!
you're gonna be a mom, Derek's gonna be a dad and i'm...
gonna be Auntie Shay!!!! i can't wait.
I am so happy for the two of you that mere words just don't suffice.
YIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
Just think of all the scrapbooking you can do. :)
Marikay
I have not had the op to say Congrats yet. So, congrats.
Post a Comment