Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Past Week

This past week was filled with running around and having fun with my sister. Shay arrived on Monday night (52 minutes late, and a 50 minute wait for her luggage...stupid Northwest). We had delicious wings from B dubs, and not much else after that. Shay was out like a light. Long day for her. Tuesday was a half day and then we went to Moe's. Moe's is good. Let me tell you. It is also Derek's favorite place to eat. Now, mind you, it's no Miguel's Jr. But still, it's better than the crap places that claim to be Mexican food around here.

Derek got his wish on Tuesday. He got his 42" HDTV. He is a happy camper. I told him I was not going to be around when he installed it. So Shay and I went shopping. He calls saying "I'm moved to tears, watching sports on this TV." LOL Ok....but yes, the TV does look good and it's nice not to have the top of the TV messed up...you can actually read football scores.

Crossing the threshold with the new TV
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First movie on the new TV
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tuesday night was Thanksmas, and I gave Shay her Stocking o'Chocolate. She loved it. Also gave her a multitude of gifts. Twas fun. I love Christmas. I got some awesome tops from REI, some lotion that I love (Thanks momma), Napoleon Dynamite socks, a neck warmer. Seriously whomever invented this thing deserves a medal. It's awesome. So warm. Derek got a Marshmellow shooter. So, while Shay and I were finishing opening Thanksmas gifts, we were getting pelted with mini marshmellows!!! It was FUNNY!!!!

Let the pelting begin!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

YAY!!! Warm head
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Warm face
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Touch me"....WHAT????
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


James Bond has nothing on my man
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pele Plays with the gift wrapping
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Weds Shay and I made deliveries to some church members. We brought Turkey and all the fixings. It was alot of fun and very rewarding. I think this is something I will volunteer to do each year. I loved being able to make someone's dayby delivering the baskets to them. Plus, Shay and I made the 62 mile trip alot of fun....despite the gloomy, cold westher (LOVE the cold weather out here).

Hot Thanksgiving Basket delivery girls
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That night after work and a quick run to REI, we went to my sister in laws for dinner. Early Thanksgiving. We had turkey in the crockpot cooked in Teriyaki sauce with shitake mushrooms. DELISH!!!!!! The nieces were VERY happy to see Shay. I snuck off with the girls to take pics for a gift for their mom and was very pleased with the results.

Shay and the girls:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Christmas gift pics
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can I just say again how pleased I am with the pics? They look awesome in the frame. YAY!!!!!

Thursday I made my first Turkey dinner which was awesome. I think turkey is like one of the best meals you can make and if you get rave reviews, you're good. I got them....DAMN I'm good. Bob the Turkey made his sacrifice for our table and he delivered...he was tasty.

Bob and I after his bath, right before his buttery rub down
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mmmmmm Turkey
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Phew!!!!!! I worked HARD on that dinner
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then it was time to shop. Got to the mall at 1am...never will I do that again. It was insanely crowded and not enough stores were open. We were tired. We left an hour later. Though I did sleep for 2 hours, the adventure through Target and such was not that bad. I got what I needed (minus a few things) and got home by 9:30ish??? Maybe 10. Waffle House for breakfast, quick nap and then....it was time to say goodbye to my sister :( Sad to see her go. This trip was loads of fun and she got me hooked on sudoku. Crazy lady (Shay I bought the same book you have...I am a DORK!!!)

Went to the UNC vs Duke football game, and won tickets to the Duke vs Indiana basketball game...YAY!!!!! I'm excited because I have never been to a college basketball game. And well...it's DUKE!!!!!

This coming weekend I will be blogging from NYWC in Charlotte. I plan to give my thoughts on many youth worker seminars. I'm looking forward to attending some Jr. high workshops. Stay tuned!!!!!

No comments: