Tomorrow is the day!!! I am awaiting contact from Dirk who is trying to get the day off so he can help us as well. Dirk is one of those really laid back guys and when I stress, he stays calm which, in turn, keeps me a tad more calm. I am hoping he can help us out. We definitely need it. A church member has offered to help as well so we should have everything moved by the time the 5pm truck return comes around. I really do not have too much stuff so this should not be a difficult move. The only hassle I forsee is I have to go get a cashiers check in the morning and I can't get to the apt office until 9am. Even still an 8:30am truck pick up shoud be ok. I figure if Dirk can make it he and Phil can start loading while I go down the street to get the check. Then we all drive over, I get the keys and we are good to go!!!!! I found a Souplantation 5 miles from the new place and told Dirk if he wanted to we could head out that way for dinner or just do Pizza. We shall see. I can't afford to pay for EVERYONE's dinner, so pizza may be the way to go. I have put Andrew in charge of moving the cats. Though, that will depend on whether we decide to move them in the morning when it is a tad cooler and much easier to lock them in the bathroom as we move things into the apt!!!!!
Once moved, I will be able to focus on way more important things...the wedding. I plan to go for a tasting on a Friday to see if I really like the caterer I found at the bridal show and to see if I can get the Upland Women's Club as well. Lot's to do. Lot's to do.
I cannot believe it is Labor Day weekend this weekend!!!!!!
HURRICANE KATRINA UPDATE: Here is reporter, Michelle, from Alabama, neice of our blogger, Katie with a report "Hurricane Katrina turned off all the lights in our house". Yes folks, an eyewitness report from a 3 yr old who was seeing the storm outside her window!!! My family is safe and in good spirits. Doing very well. Thanks for the prayers.
Whew. It's 11am I am hungry. Maybe I'll go get a bagel today...who knows. But one thing for sure.....I'M MOVING TOMORROW!!!!!
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment